Your first class at Loving Kindness Yoga School is free
- 209 Lloyd St Suite 160, Carrboro, NC On the street side, upstairs to the right.
Buses that pass near the studio are CW, F, and J.
- Arrive a few minutes before class to sign the liability waiver and get oriented.
- If you arrive during the opening meditation a sign will be on the door. Please wait quietly while we finish meditation.
- Donations go in the silver bowl by the door. Cash and check only, please. You may donate for multiple classes at once if you prefer, and we can provide a tracking sheet for your convenience.
How does a Donation-based studio work?
The donation requested is $10-20 per class. Please give what you can, whether on this scale or not. Money should never prevent anyone from coming as much as they want, and no one is ever turned away for financial reasons. From the blog: thoughts on donation yoga and more thoughts on donation yoga.
Additional Courtesy Requests
- Shoes off at the door please. Belongings can go on the shelves.
- Please leave your cell phone in your car. If you need to bring it in to the room, please make sure sound is turned all the way off, not just to vibrate.
- Our space is small! Personal hygiene is important, so please come to class smelling clean and scent-free.
- Some classes may be snug, so if you accidentally touch your neighbor during the movement part of class, don’t recoil but also don’t linger.
- Questions and comments from students can make for a vital, pertinent and interesting class, but please try to keep your comments on the topic of the day. If you have a question that is of more personal interest to you than of general interest to the class, please save it till after class.
- When making comments, remember that there are many different people with many different backgrounds and opinions. Please endeavor to be respectful of all. The teachers also speak with this consideration in mind.
- The teachers at Loving Kindness are not saints, gurus, mind-readers, psychotherapists or group therapists, Self- or God-Realized Masters. Teachers here are people on the Path of Life just like you. If anything they say doesn’t work for you please simply let it go. If any assists or wording doesn’t work for you, please take responsibility for your experience by lovingly letting your teacher know at the time or at least after class. You comfort and safety are our top priorities.